Music has been part of our life. Did you recall the last time you listen to it? Perhaps you listen to music while you go commuting, at school, studying, reading, or cooking at home. Or maybe you listen to your favorite playlist just because you want it. See, it’s hard to detach yourself from it.
Just like you, I love listening to music when I’m studying. But, I’m pretty bad at listening to lyrical songs. I can only keep my focus for about thirty minutes. Then, All my attention will be drawn to the song. Goodbye homework! Hello Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes, (Insert another singer here)!
But at the same time, if I didn’t listen to any music, I couldn’t keep my attention to my work either! That pretty sucks.
Then, I understood that I could still focus on my work if I had a little background music (For me, instrumental music) or ambience to accompany me. That’s why I love studying at the library. It has the right sound for my ears, not too loud and not too quiet. I can hear papers being flipped beside me, footsteps behind me, and pen scribbling in front of me. That kind of atmosphere motivated me to study. The same thing happens to people who choose to study at a cafe. They seek the ambience to keep them productive. Those two examples are all the same. We need background noise to stimulate our brain.
Believe me, I’m listening to a playlist while I’m writing this post.
That’s why in this post, I’m gonna share you ambiences and instrumental songs that you might like for studying
- Noisli – A site where you can choose your own preferable mix of background noises.
- Gryffindor Common Room – Sitting in front of a hot fireplace on a windy day.
- Hufflepuff Common Room – Cat purring, birds chirping, and quill scribbling on a bright day.
- Slytherin Common Room – Footsteps and dripping water in a chill dungeon.
- Ravenclaw Common Room – Tranquil atmosphere with choirs and singing birds.
- Library Sounds – Play it when you can’t go outside for studying.
- Study Vibes’ Live Study with Me Session – A study buddy who will accompany you studying through a live stream video.
- Thomas Frank’s Study with Me – A video that will motivate you to study in 25 minutes straight. It is in a Pomodoro style.
- Harry Potter ASMR – Hogwarts Library – Studying on a rainy day in Hogwarts Library. You are in Hogwarts!
- Coffitivity – Surrounded by chatter in a cafeteria.
- Relaxing Jazz & Bossa Nova Music Radio – A live stream that makes you feel like you are in a café.
- Relaxing Jazz Piano Radio – Relaxing your mind and go straight to the wonderful idea inside your head.
- Piano Study Ambience: Study Session – ASMR combined with beautiful instrumental piano in a playlist couldn’t get any better.
- Harry Potter (Calm Ambient Mix by Syneptic) – Exquisite songs of Harry Potter Universe which bring you back to Hogwarts.
- Lofi Hip Hop Mix by Feardog – A calming lofi hip-hop playlist to pull yourself back together while studying.
- Peaceful Piano – Play this playlist when you are reading a book or just want to relax for a while.
- 3:30 a.m. Lofi hip-hop /jazz-hop/chill-hop mix – A playlist to keep your mind sane while you’re doing homework.
Okay, I gave you too many Harry Potter stuff, did I? You’ve found out I’m a Potterhead. Yay! (busted)
Now let the magic begins. Combine the ambience and the instrumental song to create a comfortable atmosphere inside your room.
I will update (add) these playlists frequently when I found another songs or ambiences that I love.
Where is your favorite place to study?